Monday 2 November 2015

TOAD (Total OBD & ECU Auto Diagnostics) Scam/Fraud Reviews?

As you know, I've used TOAD (Total OBD & ECU Auto Diagnostics) software for over 560 cars so far in our Mechanic shop in New York.

And the ability to print out reports of faults in a professional format, has increased our perceived value in customers eyes.

Amongst that, we recommend TOAD to most of our customer so they can independently check for car fault codes (Check Engine Light) - without replying on us.

Yes, this does take some of our profits away, however, it's not all about the money. But caring for others, as if they were your own family.

Knowing that, here some customer feedback's we got from them using TOAD - after our recommendation:

I'll post both negative and positive:




I buy used cars at auctions as a hobby. Sometimes the fix is major when the Check Engine Light is illuminated. Other times its an easy fix. The auction site won't allow me to use OBD Toad scanner there.

But if car engine "sounds" ok, I'll take my chance by taking a test drive by myself. I'll pull out Totalcardiagnostics TOAD to see if vehicle is ok to take home, or leave it at auction site.

This was I can also tell the next bidder what's "possibly" wrong with the car. In other words, TOAD is a life saver!

— Frank AutoMechanics


Simple TOAD review- having these codes can save you a lot of grief and money and it is not costly and it is easy to use. The code I needed was on TotalCarDiagnosticsDOTcom website, but there are tons of places on the WEB to look the codes up, even for your car model, and get all sorts of practical advice.

Also, you can find where to hook it up on you car on the web. Do this first, as if you do not know where to find it on your car exactly you can waste time and contortions. I found out my code was really minor, and it is a big relief knowing I do not have to rush the car in for a repair.

Also, if you find it is major, you know you need to get your car in fast. Plus, it will arm you with knowledge and help you not get ripped off!

I have a good honest mechanic now, but when I was younger I did not and this could have saved me a lot of time and money! Directions on install are also easy to follow.
Generally TOAD is a well designed OBD diagnostic kit and after buying it, you do not have to waste money on the more expensive ones around.....

— OBD Snapon


TOAD provides a good quick check, giving just the most basic codes. Very helpful to not have to go to a repair shop to get an idea why the 'Check Engine' light comes on. Does a good job of clearing the car's codes, turning off the 'Check Engine' light (until it comes back on again, if the car problem is still present). A great value from Total Car Diagnostics, every driver should own the Total OBD & ECU Auto Diagnostics scanner.

— Louie


I have read a lot of the reviews online before I decided to get involved with TotalCarDiagnostics. Obviously check for scams, experiences, reviews, rippoffs and anything else I could find. I do have the need for it, since the MIL (check engine light), has been coming on in my car lately, and going to Autozone twice with no code error, is quite frustrating.

So I end up buying a new gas cap just to slowly troubleshoot/cross eliminate possible issues. The new gas cap was worth it, whether the MIL light is about it or not. But since I bought the gas cap and this gadget at the same time, I was able to plug this one in (thanks for all the reviews, I was able to get pass the link error issue, my car's engine has to be turned on to scan properly, or else, it will keep showing link error).

And VOILA! I got a DTC error right away. WOW! What else can I say??? Now at least, I have a better clue how to fix/find the possible solutions to it. And erasing the code is super easy! For this price, you can't go wrong! I'd recommend this to all my friends/families in a heartbeat.

I was also able to scan without starting the car. Just turn the ignition switch to the ON position, and TOAD works like a charm. I must be doing it hastily the first time that I was getting link error, and decided to just start the car and it worked both ways. But it's best not to start the car, IMO.

Source: my own experience and usage using TotalCarDiagnostics.com products sine 2012.

— Anonymous


In overall TotalCarDiagnostics has excellent diagnostic software and customer service. Besides that, I got this up and running TOAD (Total OBD & ECU Auto Diagnostics). I've had a few hand-held devices and Wow!!

I wouldn't trade this in for any of my old sets. It only took about 2 minutes to get this hooked up to the port of my 2002 Buick LeSabre and I am by no means a computer whiz being middle-aged and probably took longer than I needed to in getting it set-up.

Thanks to great support this is the best OBD diagnostic software and scantool I've ever used to date.

— Nick Barry

Sources: (Long list, I know)

1 comment:

  1. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. software for car

    ReplyDelete

Scams, Reviews, Comments, Experiences?